I am a piano teacher and musician living and working in Didcot, South Oxfordshire. I studied music at the University of Southampton, where I also gained an MA in museum studies.
If you are looking for an organist to play at your wedding or for a funeral please get in touch via email or using the contact form.
My philosophy of piano lessons is to encourage students to become independent and well rounded musicians who enjoy music making at the piano.
I have been teaching piano since 2012, and run a thriving studio from my home in Didcot. Students have lessons on a Kemble upright piano, that is well maintained and regularly tuned.
In addition to piano teaching I am organist and Director of Music at St Helen’s Church, Benson, and keen to connect with other local church musicians.
To maintain and develop my instrumental skill I have regular piano and organ lessons with local teachers. I sing alto in Thames Consort, and play trombone in Abingdon Concert Band, and Roke and Benson Brass Band.
In my spare time I play the trombone and cello, knit usually whilst listening to crime drama novels, and spend time with my two dogs.
At a glance
- Grade 8 ABRSM piano
- Grade 6 ABRSM music theory
- dipABRSM in instrumental teaching (piano)
- Level 4 Musicianship from British Kodaly Acadamy (High Distinction).
- BA Music from the University of Southampton
- MA Museums and Galleries (History of Textiles and Dress) from the University of Southampton
- Full DBS check (refreshed yearly)
- Fully insured
- Member of SoundSense
- Member of Incorporated Society of Musicians
- Member and General Secretary for the Society of Women Organists