I am a piano teacher and musician living and working in Didcot, South Oxfordshire. I studied music at the University of Southampton, where I also gained an MA in museum studies.
My philosophy of piano lessons is to encourage students to become independent and well rounded musicians who enjoy music making at the piano.
I have been teaching piano since 2012, and run a thriving studio from my home in Didcot. Students will have lessons on a Kemble upright piano, that is well maintained and regularly tuned.
In addition to piano teaching I am organist and Director of Music at St Helen’s Church, Benson, and keen to connect with other local church musicians.
To maintain and develop my instrumental skill I have regular piano and organ lessons with local teachers, and participate in local choirs and ensembles.
In my spare time I play the trombone and cello, knit usually whilst listening to crime drama novels, and spend time with my two dogs.
At a glance
- Grade 8 piano
- Grade 6 music theory
- dipABRSM in instrumental teaching (piano)
- BA Music from the University of Southampton
- MA Museums and Galleries (History of Textiles and Dress) from the University of Southampton
- Full DBS check (refreshed yearly)
- Fully insured
- Member of SoundSense
- Member of Incorporated Society of Musicians
- Member of Oxford and District Organists Association
- Member and General Secretary for the Society of Women Organists